Saturday 14 July 2012

no knead bread

The smell of freshly baked bread has to be one of the best aromas ever! I'd never made bread before, my friend Elaina tried this fantastic no knead recipe, it's from one of favourite blogs ivy nest. All you need is: 3 cups water, 1 tablespoon instant yeast, 1 tablespoon sea salt, 6 1/2 cups plain white flour (or 5 cups white and 1 1/2 cups wholemeal.) Go to ivy nest blog for the full instructions, 

It's delicious warm from the oven with butter and just as yummy toasted with marmalade and banana for breakfast! happy baking!






1 comment:

  1. I have been making bread for about 15 years. There is nothing like it on earth! You should try giving a fresh loaf as a gift, I tie it up in a pretty tea towel and people are always so pleased!

    I love banana on toast and have a thing for lime marmalade......never tried it together though? I will have to be adventurous!

    ReplyDelete