Thursday 23 August 2012

pretty in blue

I think I'm all sewn out! Well at least for a few days, I definitely go through bursts of sewing, I have to be in the mood. I read this paragraph recently that made me laugh...

Advice from a singer sewing machine manual from 1949

Prepare yourself mentally for sewing. Think about what you are going to to... Never approach sewing with a sigh or lackadaisically. Good result are difficult when indifference predominates.
Never try to sew with a sink full on dirty dishes or beds unmade, when there are urgent housekeeping chores, do these first so your mind is free to enjoy your sewing. When you sew, make yourself as attractive as possible. Put on a clean dress. Keep a little bad full of french chalk near your sewing machine to dust your fingers at intervals. Have your hair in order, powder and lipstick put on. If you are constantly fearful a visitor will drop in or your husband will come home, and you will not look neatly put together, you will not enjoy your sewing.





No comments:

Post a Comment